Searching for a catering company that needs a strong Kitchen Operations Manager to oversee operations in our large commissary kitchen. THIS IS NOT A COOKING POSITION.
- Job responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and overseeing the dishwashing crew when it comes to cleaning, maintenance and their other responsibilities
- Scheduling and overseeing the porters to make sure food is being rotated, put away in compliance with HD standards and their other responsibilities
- Overseeing the cleanliness, equipment maintenance and condition of our large fleet of catering trucks
- Overseeing all of the kitchen equipment and small-wares to ensure smooth kitchen operations. Preventative maintenance as well as daily duties to ensure the equipment (steam kettles, tilt skillets, combi-ovens, ovens/stoves etc) is always is working order
You will be the “right hand” of the chef when it comes to all Health Department issues and maintaining a spotless kitchen, staffing issues for the work groups you are overseeing. This is a very important position to the operation and we are looking for someone with a sense of ownership and an eye for detail. You must speak Spanish (at least very strong “Kitchen Spanish”) so you can communicate with these work groups effectively.
Offering up to $55k base salary and benefits, this is a great position for someone that knows kitchen operations but doesn’t need to cook anymore. Again, there is no cooking with this position but a background in cooking will only help you succeed. Knowledge of batch cooking equipment, large kitchen operations (hotel or large catering/restaurant operations) and having run larger staffs is paramount to do well in this position.
Located in north LA, this job is Monday-Friday (usually 8am to 6pm) and a few hours on one of the weekend days to check in and make sure the kitchen is still humming along. This is a very busy company and offers upward growth within the company.
- Experience Required 3-5 years
- Educational Qualification High School Diploma
- Salary Range $50,000 - $75,000